The University Counseling Center provides crisis assistance for urgent mental health needs 24 hours a day. Just call us: 336.758.5273.
Between the hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday-Friday, walk-in and same-day urgent appointments are available for students who may be at an elevated mental health risk, including:
- Current or recent thoughts of harm to self or others
- Concerned about the safety of another person
- Experience of a recent trauma
- Experiencing hallucinations, delusions, disorganized thinking and/or behavior, or have been unable to sleep for two or more days.
If there are imminent safety concerns, please call:
Additionally, below are national crisis resources that you may also utilize:
- Crisis Text Line (Text: 741741) to message with a trained crisis counselor
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1.800.273.8255)
- Live Another Day
Note: Urgent appointments are not used for academic concerns. For concerns related to courses or academic issues see the Office of Academic Advising.
For Life-Threatening Emergencies
Call Anytime: 911 or 336.758.5911
For Urgent Mental Health Crises
Call Us Anytime: 336.758.5273
To Make an Appointment
Call Us During Office Hours
(8:30AM – 5PM)
For urgent mental health needs, crisis assistance is available anytime, from anywhere, by calling us at 336.758.5273. During normal business hours, calling this number will connect you with our administrative assistant who can help assess your needs and direct you to therapy options. After-hours and on weekends, this number will connect you with a crisis counselor.