The University Counseling Center provides crisis assistance for urgent mental health needs 24 hours a day. Just call us: 336.758.5273.
Between the hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday-Friday, walk-in and same-day urgent appointments are available for students who may be at an elevated mental health risk, including:
- Current or recent thoughts of harm to self or others
- Concerned about the safety of another person
- Experience of a recent trauma
- Experiencing hallucinations, delusions, disorganized thinking and/or behavior, or have been unable to sleep for two or more days.
If there are imminent safety concerns, please call:
- University Police (336.758.5911) or
- Local Law Enforcement (911)
- Go to your local emergency department
Additionally, below are national crisis resources that you may also utilize:
- Crisis Text Line (Text: 741741) to message with a trained crisis counselor
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1.800.273.8255)
Note: Urgent appointments are not used for academic concerns. For concerns related to courses or academic issues see the Office of Academic Advising.